36 free quilt blocks, one a week with a guide to Jane Austen's England and posts about the people in her life.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Problem with the Email Notifications

"He's in a sulk because he's not getting his
Austen Family Album emails."

Many of you have notified me that you are not getting the email notifications for this blog. It's nice to get the information in your email box rather than just checking in once a week.

I have been looking for a solution to the problem. I have several blogs and this, I think, is the only one that is giving us problems. The email subscriptions are handled by something called Feedburner. I did find information from  Feedburner Help Group. It says the blog posts have to be under a certain size to be processed. I have thought mine were under that limit but I see the advice is to never copy your blog text from a word file.

I always copy my blog text from word files.

"You haven't, Miss Austen, been pasting
text from Word files!"

Apparently this adds too much formatting, which adds size. I will reformat the next post and hope that works.

I subscribe by email myself so I will see if I get a notice next week on the new post.


 If you have been peeved by missing emails I hope you get one next week. Do let me know in the comments or email me at MaterialCult@gmail.com

As for my reprehensible habit of copying text from Word files---it's going to be a hard habit to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment